DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
We strive to produce professionally, and skillfully manpowers who have broad environmental insight and fluent towards environmental engineering and management that includes but not limited to: water supply and treatment technologies, waste water sewerage system, hazardous waste management, solid waste management, air pollution control and climate change, sanitation and phytoremediation, environmental impact assessment (AMDAL), environmental management, environmental audit and cleaner production, and work health and safety.
DEE Official Profile on YouTube
Degree and Study Program
1. Doctoral Program (S3) of Environmental Engineering (Accredited B from National Accreditation Body for University – Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi)
2. Master Program (S2) Teknik Lingkungan of Environmental Engineering (Accredited A from National Accreditation Body for University – Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi))
- Control Engineering and Environmental Engineering Management
- Residential Environment Infrastructure Engineering which develop to Environmental Sanitation Engineering (TSL)
3. Undergraduate Program (S1) of Environmental Engineering (Accredited A from National Accreditation Body for University – Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi)
Faculty Staffs (Lecturers)
DEE has 30 faculty staffs (lecturers) comprises of 5 professors, 12 doctors (S3), 7 masters (S2) and five (5) of them are currently pursuing their doctoral degree, along with other lecturers from other departments who teach basic and public courses.
1. Drinking Water and Water Resources Laboratory
2. Solid and Hazardous Waste Laboratory
3. Air Pollution Control and Climate Change Laboratory
4. Environmental Sanitation and Phytotechnology Laboratory
5. Community Services and Environmental Management Laboratory
6. Waste Water Laboratory
Many opportunities available in the world market for environmental engineers, we mention few of them: manufacture industries, construction and consulting services, research centers, regional and national governmental institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), education centers, mining and energy companies, as well as other fields.
These are few joint activities which we currently run cooperating with other stakeholders throughout Indonesia:
1. Master Program of Residential Environmental Infrastructure Engineering which develop to Environmental Sanitation Engineering. DEE has mutual understandingn with Public Works Department.
2. Summer School Programme with Faculty of Civil Engineering, UTM (Malaysia)
Double Degree and Affiliation Program
Double Degree Program with Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Belanda
Research Collaboration and Community Services
Soka University Jepang, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, University Teknologi Malaysia, Departemen Pekerjaan Umum Pemerintah Pusat, Dinas Pekerjaan Umum Jatim, Bapedalda Jatim, PDAB Jatim, PDAM Kota Surabaya, Badan Pertanahan Nasional, Pemerintah Kota Batu, Pemerintah Kabupaten Malang, Pemerintah Kota Surabaya, Pemerintah Provinsi Bali, Pemerintah Kabupaten Lumajang, Pemerintah Kabupaten Kupang, Balai Teknologi Permukiman Jatim, Dinas Perindustrian Kota Surabaya, Dinas Lingkungan Hidup Kota Surabaya, Badan Lingkungan Hidup Jatim, Pemerintah Kota Probolinggo, BEJIS Project AusAID, PT Unilever, PT Tjiwi Kimia, power energy companies, PT Pakerin, and technical engineering consulting companies.
Achievements for National and International Scale
1. Joint-Research untuk Bidang Energi dan Lingkungan, SEED Project (ITS – Univ. Soka, Jepang), tahun 2008-2010.
2. Innovative Decision Making Process Related to Water Supply and Sanitation, kerjasama dengan European Union, tahun 2005-2009.
3. Penghargaaan dosen sebagai Dosen Berprestasi Tingkat Nasional, DIKTI, 2010.